It's finally here! The new trailer for Walt Disney Animation Studios' Wreck-It Ralph.
- We get to see more of Fix-It Felix, Jr., Ralph's game. It looks wonderful, and it actually looks a lot different from the concept image we got months and months ago in terms of the color and lighting.
- The 8-bit movements of the Fix-It Felix, Jr. characters? A clever addition.
- Sonic the Hedgehog's cameo. We also get to see more and more cameos here.
- We get a brief glimpse of what the big threat to the arcade is. It definitely tells us more about how Ralph's game-jumping will not bode well for the arcade and his game.
- The animation looks fantastic as always. It actually looks much better and more detailed in this trailer, plus we get to see a lot more of Sugar Rush. It looks great.
- The trailer also tells us that Vanellope von Schweetz is not well-liked in her game. We got info on this in various interviews beforehand.
- Sergeant Calhoun means business. This character is probably going to steal the show. Also, we see that Fix-It Felix is willing to game-jump.
- The editing is rather choppy in the second half.
- I could've really done without the "Hero's Doody" joke. I seriously hope this character (Vanellope) isn't obnoxious like some other Disney sidekicks. Since the side characters in Bolt, The Princess and the Frog and Tangled were fun and never annoying, I have some hope here.
- Perhaps there is a little too much focus on jokes in general, but hey, this is a trailer for an animated film.
- A lack of action. Sure, the story matters most, but perhaps they could focus more on what happens rather than a handful of jokes. Again, another thing I have against most trailers for animated films.
So, all in all, a decent trailer but not great. It's nowhere as good as the film's first trailer, but we'll see what impact it has on audiences. What is your take on the trailer? Do you think it looks good? Or do you think it's step down from the previous trailer? Sound off!