Tuesday, March 18, 2014

It's a Great Teaser, Charlie Brown


The teaser trailer for Peanuts is finally here… And lo and behold, it actually looks pretty good!


I had seen the first look images last night and was impressed. The designs keep the magic of Charles Schulz's original designs, and while I'd really like for it to be a hand-drawn film, the new style is pretty neat and I welcome it. Unfortunately we all have to accept that executives wrongly see hand-drawn animation as box office poison, and I know some are already upset over a CGI Charlie Brown (which is understandable), but it is what it is… And I personally think the look of it looks fantastic, it's very minimalist and the actual movements are unique. I'd say give them props for experimenting with a new style within the computer animation realm. We need this kind of growth.

Also, this quote from producer Paul Fieg, in addition to what we already know about the film (Schulz's grandson writing it), makes me a little optimistic:

"Snoopy will not be rapping, no one will be twerking, we're in good hands."

Could this be Blue Sky's first truly great film? I think so.

What did you think of the teaser?

2 comments:

  1. I love this. I predict that when this movie is released, it will probably be the first Blue Sky Studios flick to be critically acclaimed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was already tired of the Ice Age sequels (I loved the third one though), I don't see Rio 2 being fantastic *or enjoyable* and the only films I really love are Robots, Horton Hears a Who, Ice Age 3, and I liked Rio. Of the 8 they have made. I think I'll give this movie a try, it looks really sweet and cute ^^

    ReplyDelete