Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Another Big Teaser


Here it is, the official trailer for Walt Disney Animation Studios' Big Hero 6! Though to be honest, it plays out like a second teaser more than anything…


I do like it though, which is rare for me when it comes to American trailers for animated films. Hiro and Baymax make for an excellent, hilarious duo. San Fransokyo of course looks really, really cool too! Plus it was nice to see it in the daytime! If there is one thing that was a bit disappointing, it was the lack of the other characters. Just a brief snippet of Fred, Go Go Tomago, Honey Lemon and Wasabi. No Tadashi, though we do see Aunt Cass. The villain is also cool-looking too! I guess that's Alan Tudyk's Alastair Krei. Or maybe Disney will surprise us and he won't be the main antagonist this time around.

I have a gut feeling that we'll get a full story-based trailer in September, because to me, this is really just a second teaser. But for what it is, it works and it got me even more pumped for this film. I love the look of it, the humor seems to really click, and an Incredibles vibe can be felt. The flying scenes look to match the soaring scenes of The Rescuers Down Under and the How To Train Your Dragon films.

What do you think of this new trailer?

1 comment:

  1. I just saw it and it looks more interesting than I thought it would be. I was a bit sceptical about Disney making a Marvel super hero movie. Well, now i got hyped.
    The lack of story in the trailer is disappointing but hopefully it has a lot of humor to catch the main audience.
    I'll be waiting for the next trailer (and for the movie itself).

    ReplyDelete