Monday, September 8, 2014

Diamond Dogs


It looks like the early 2015 Diamond Edition is One Hundred and One Dalmatians

Here's a trailer, but no release date has been announced… Yet.


It comes from a channel called Disney Diamond Edition, which isn't an official Disney YouTube channel. My best guess is that the uploader got the Diamond Edition of Sleeping Beauty early (it comes out next month), and the disc contains this very trailer.

Either way, it seems legitimate anyways given the "Disney" heading (If it says something like "Walt Disney Pictures Presents", the logo Disney should be using, it's fan made.) among other things. Suffice to say, I'm happy we're getting it early but at the same time I really, really want Aladdin.

But hey, since we now know that this 1961 classic is the Spring 2015 Diamond… Well, the rumors of a September 2015 theatrical re-release of Aladdin preceding an October 2015 Diamond Edition Blu-ray now seem true. I mean, Disney really should re-release Aladdin before giving it the Diamond treatment next autumn. Makes sense, right?

I mean, why else would Dalmatians come in early 2015 instead of Aladdin? The title lots of people are clamoring for? A fall re-release of Aladdin is perfect timing, and the film's only home media releases in North America (1993 and 2004) were October releases. It makes sense that Aladdin is ultimately the Fall 2015 Diamond. Dalmatians was always (sans the first DVD release) a spring title when it came to home media. April 1992, March 1999, March 2008. Yes, Dalmatians coming in February was inevitable, but again… I bet most people wanted Aladdin first.

Anyways, spotted dogs it is. I'm hoping they use the restoration that was used for the 2012 UK Blu-ray, and no new one that looks scrubbed like Sword in the Stone and The Jungle Book. Please Disney, get this one right!

1 comment:

  1. 101 Dalmatians was the very first Disney movie I ever watched!!!! I can't wait to get it on digital download. My love for this movie (as well as other Disney classics) was basically the reason why my parents decided to buy stock in Disney for me on my 2nd birthday.

    ReplyDelete