Monday, June 15, 2015

D23 Animation Preview


On the official D23 website, Disney has revealed what we'll see and hear during the presentations for Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar!

From the website...

"Filmmakers will unveil never-before-seen footage from Pixar’s upcoming The Good Dinosaur and Finding Dory and Disney Animation’s Zootopia and Moana. The event will include surprise announcements, musical performances, and appearances by the films’ star voice talent."

Surprise announcements, you say?

I'm going to take a guess...

Walt Disney Animation Studios' presentation is going to climax with... An announcement of what will be their 3/9/2018 release, if it's still set for 3/9/2018. (Imagine that swapping places with Pixar's mystery 11/22/2017 release!)

If this mystery film remains a March 2018 release, what could it be? Giants? Dean Wellins' project? Something we've never heard of before? If it moves up to November 2017, then I reckon it would be Frozen 2. Who knows, who knows!

As for Pixar...

What's the film that will follow Toy Story 4? So far, the next release is set for 11/22/2017. Even if it moves, I think it'll be an original project. I can't see Pixar releasing three sequels in a row, because Toy Story 4 is the picture that will next after Finding Dory. Is it the Day of the Dead film that Lee Unkrich is doing? Mark Andrews' film? Something that's never been hinted it in the past?

I'm sure this expo will be a knockout, I'm certainly excited...

3 comments:

  1. I hope they announce a new hand drawn animated featu....uh, I mean, short film. Because I heard a rumor that there is going to be a new hand drawn animated short will accompanied by Zootopia. I don't know if it's true, but here's hoping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty 100% sure that there'll be a short film in front of Zootopia, like all the Pixar films and the last 3 WDAS films. And the last 3 WDAS films are all either hand drawn or Meander, so this one won't be CG

      Delete