Thursday, June 4, 2015

Disney Animated Shorts Collection Blu-ray Line-Up Revealed


Along with a nice trailer for said collection...

I wish I could embed it, too. For some reason I can't, so for those who don't want to head on over, here's the line-up:

John Henry (2000)
Lorenzo (2004)
The Little Matchgirl (2006)
How To Hook Up Your Home Theater (2007)
Tick Tock Tale (2010)
Prep & Landing: Operation Secret Santa (2010)
The Ballad of Nessie (2011)
Tangled Ever After (2012)
Paperman (2012)
Get A Horse! (2013)
Feast (2014)
Frozen Fever (2015)

You'll notice that two Fantasia 2006-era shorts are missing: One By One and Destino. Luckily, both are available on physical media. One By One is on the Blu-ray (and the 2004 DVD) of The Lion King 2, while Destino can be accessed on the Fantasia / Fantasia 2000 Blu-ray. However, having them on this disc would've been nice too, because I have no intentions to buy Lion King 2 in any form on home media, and on that film's Blu-ray, the short was presented in standard definition.

Also... Where's Glago's Guest? How could they leave that off??

Oh well, at least the rather elusive Tick Tock Tale is going to be on this set... But still, I want to see Glago's Guest along with several other animation fanatics because it was only shown at festivals, I believe. The Prep & Landing short is a nice inclusion, I guess, but they all already got a physical release.

The rest of the line-up is excellent. The set will also include bonus features! Shocker! I know what I'll picking up on August 18th, that's for sure...

I just hope there's a second collection of shorts that includes Glago's Guest, One By One, and Destino... Hopefully it does well and convinces Disney to make another set, if not release more of the classic shorts on Blu-ray. Pipe dream? Perhaps...

Update (6/5/2015): Runaway Brain will be an exclusive to the Disney Movies Anywhere version. This I wouldn't mind, for I have a DMA account, but the last time something "DMA exclusive" was released (the exclusive deleted scenes on Toy Story of Terror!), it/they disappeared a few months in and they can't be accessed anymore...

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I can't wait to see Lorenzo. Because I haven't that one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What, no Destino? Or are they saving that for another collection or separate release?

    ReplyDelete