Thursday, June 18, 2015

Skadoosh!: Domestic 'Kung Fu Panda 3' Teaser Debuts


DreamWorks has finally released the teaser for Kung Fu Panda 3...

Not surprisingly, it has nothing on the epic Chinese teaser that leaked a few days ago...


It's a typical American animated film teaser. Jokes and humor rule the day here. It's no different from stacking the American trailers for Pixar or Disney Animation films against the Japanese ones...

I like the first half of this teaser very much, it showcases the same kinetic kung fu madness that helped make the first two films so exciting, whilst blending in some good comedy. The second part is pretty funny, showing that Po really takes after his father, and it'll be fun to see them work off of each other.

It's miles above Kung Fu Panda 2's teaser, which was just Po having a staring contest with the audience. Cute and funny, but this does more and I think it'll help the film do better at the domestic box office. I think it works as a funny teaser, and I hope it works on audiences here in the states. I prefer the Chinese teaser, it's definitely a country mile from this, and I assume a ton of other people feel the same way as well...


And that's pretty much everything from the Chinese teaser, this YouTube vid of it cuts some of the text stuff, nothing in terms of visuals....


Lastly, the villainous Kai will be voiced by J.K. Simmons. Very nice to know! For the longest time, Mads Mikkelsen was set to voice this supernatural menace, but Simmons is an excellent replacement. He already looks like a pretty intimidating foe, and hopefully the film dives into the darker pool that Kung Fu Panda 2 often dived into.

Anyways, I was sold from the very beginning. They had me at "Kung Fu Panda 3", so I don't need a teaser to convince me to see it. I'm already there!

What did you think of the teaser? What do you think of the Chinese teaser?

No comments:

Post a Comment