Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Awesomeness Awaits: 'Kung Fu Panda 3' Full Trailer Finally Debuts


The wait (ahem, weight) is over, for the full Kung Fu Panda 3 trailer is finally here!


First off, yes, this is a typical animated movie trailer. Gags, jokes, zippy editing... not my thing. I'm more about trailers that are more story-based and save time for gags (similar to that of the Japanese trailers for Disney Animation and Pixar's films), but I don't really care at this point... I'm just happy that we're finally seeing some new fully-rendered footage! It looks gorgeous, much like its predecessors.

In terms of the jokes, I like the bit with Po playing with the action figures in the tub, and the irreverent poke at all the movie villains who make some kind of big speech before the final battle begins. Yes, that's hilarious. The villainous Kai still looks menacing and fearsome, but this trailer shows a more comedic side to him. Lord Shen, terrible as he was, also had a funny side so it should work fine.

The glimpses of the action? Awesomeness. It appears that the battles themselves - as hinted in the Chinese teaser from this past summer - will switch between CG and the series' super-cool 2D style that was used for the intro in the first film, and the flashbacks in the second film. More of that is indeed welcome! Tell you what, I'd love to see the whole film done in that style.

Anything else to say? Not really. It's Kung Fu Panda 3, and it looks great. Bring it on! What do you think of the trailer?

2 comments:

  1. I wasn't a fan of the trailer. The great thing about 2 is that it was a solid kung fun movie with a great villain. This looks like too much lame jokes and the villain looks really boring. Plus, the release date doesn't show much faith in the project from Dreamworks. I don't know. I'm just very skeptical on this whole project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love this one. My favorite movies are "The Incredibles" and "Big Hero 6". But "How to Train Your Dragon and Kung Fu Panda franchises are special for me. I can't wait...

    ReplyDelete