Tuesday, November 10, 2015

No Longer Underwater: 'Finding Dory' Teaser Surfaces


Of course, since a new Pixar film is opening in a few weeks, we have gotten the teaser for next summer's Finding Dory!


First off, I want to comment on how gorgeous the scenes look. I will say that the original still looks amazing today, but 13 years makes quite the difference. Those backgrounds are so photo real, so crisp. The all-new renderings of Dory, Marlin, and Nemo also look very impressive. It's but a small taste of what's to come. In fact, I'll say this: Finding Nemo is one of the best-looking computer animated films of all-time in my opinion, so imagine how lavish this will look!

Anyways, I think this is a really good teaser. Usually Pixar's teasers aren't too much to write home about, but this teaser tells audiences what kind of story they're in for without much hassle, whilst keeping the first film's sense of humor and using it in spots where it's needed. I can't say much more because it was a very minimal teaser, as per usual with Pixar's teasers. Overall, I like what I'm seeing.

Ever since Pixar officially announced Finding Dory to the world, I was one of the very few who didn't fret. I liked the story and the idea from the get-go, and it seems like it'll be Pixar's next Toy Story 2: A sequel that has a lot of potential, and one that builds on what made the original so great, one that gives the writers so much to work with. As much as I love Monsters University, a prequel storyline didn't really give the Pixar wizards much to work with. Cars 2 had any direction to go, but it was undone by behind-the-scenes turmoil and drama, though I do like the finished film unlike most folks out there.

Basically, Finding Dory has a lot of potential. Toy Story 2, we could argue, was unnecessary. But look what it did: It established Woody's origin, developed both him and Buzz as characters, threw in awesome new characters, had things that equalled the thrills of the original, and so much more. Finding Dory can literally be just that, I think.

Also... Andrew Stanton is directing and writing, Bob Peterson is writing it with Stanton alongside Victoria Strouse. Who is Ms. Strouse, you might ask? Well, her background isn't really animation-centric, but that's okay. You know why? Jennifer Lee and Meg LeFauve had very little animation in their resumes, too. Lee co-wrote Wreck-It Ralph, and then wrote and directed Frozen with Chris Buck. LeFauve? Co-wrote Inside Out, co-wrote The Good Dinosaur, and is attached to pen Captain Marvel for Marvel Studios.

I think it could be great. I liked the teaser, yes, I'm excited for this film. What say you?

(P.S. The one question I'm now asking... Where's the trailer for Burbank's next?)

1 comment:

  1. First "Toy Story 3" teaser trailer was viewed 2 million times. The rest of its trailer has between 6 and 9 millions views.
    This first look at "Finding Dory" is already one of the most viewed movie teasers: 5.8 million views in just 24 hours (English version)
    How many people do you think is going to watch this movie? Millions!!! Maybe, this is the "Star Wars" of animation.
    The Pixar staff is already counting their money in advance.

    ReplyDelete