Thursday, January 28, 2016

Bark and Bite: New Full Trailer For 'Secret Life of Pets' Debuts


As it nears its release, Universal has unleashed another trailer for Illumination's The Secret Life of Pets...

I've been on the fence about this Illumination film for a little while. The teaser was cute, but I didn't care for the recent trailer that centered on Kevin Hart's evil rabbit character. It seemed like it was going to be formulaic and dry, but the newest full trailer is to my liking.


Anyways, it has some funny bits, and the animation style is really nice. That color work, especially! It may be premature to say, but I think this film is Illumination's best-looking yet. I do like Illumination's house style, even if their writing might not always be on par with their (or should I say, Mac Guff's) visual work.

The trailer is thankfully much more story-based, giving us a look at Max's relationship with his owner (I like that she calls him Maximilian!), and also shows us how Max and Duke get tangled up with the secret society of renegade pets. The characters are pretty appealing. Also, it shows us that the story will pretty much go from Toy Story with pets to urban Homeward Bound.

Overall, I liked the trailer. Definitely the best one yet for this film, though I'm still more interested in the studio's other release this year: The anthro animals world-set jukebox musical Sing. Anyways, this trailer amped up my interest in the film.

What did you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment