Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Fury Bird: Full Trailer For 'Angry Birds Movie' Debuts


Let me get one thing out of the way... An Angry Birds movie is one of the last things the world of American feature animation needs.

I shouldn't even have an ounce of excitement for it.

But I do. I have little integrity, I actually want to see this! No, it's not one of my top anticipated animated movies of the year, but I'm looking forward to it.


The teaser from last autumn was surprisingly fun, what with some good jokes here and there, and a showcase of the film's cartoony art direction that's close to the look of the games, despite being in quasi-photoreal CG. (I would've preferred something like The Peanuts Movie or The Book of Life's look, to be honest.) Then I think, what if the games themselves did not exist? How would we look at this movie? I'd say we would be thinking, "An island of birds invaded by green pigs? That's kinda weird..."

Anyways, the new trailer is actually pretty... Fun! I didn't think I'd say that, but I actually laughed a few times. I really think that this movie, if done right in the end, could be more than your usual family-friendly animated comedy romp. I have nothing against an animated feature that doesn't change the name of the animation game like say, Inside Out or Song of the Sea. As long as said feature has solid writing and is sincere, I'm okay. So many lightweight animated comedies made nowadays miss the mark simply because they aren't sincere, or they aren't allowed to be. The original scripts for these films could've been entertaining as all heck, until script "doctors" "polished" them into mediocrity.

I hope that won't be the case with The Angry Birds Movie, especially since such talent like Disney Animation veteran Clay Katis and veteran Fergall Reilly are directing, and other great talent is involved. What I expect out of the movie is mayhem and fun rolled into one, with a decent story tying it all together with likable characters. You can do a lightweight, cartoon-like animated feature right. Some good recent examples to me include Rio and Madagascar 3. It can't be too hard to achieve, right?

What did you think of the trailer? Sound off below!

1 comment:

  1. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh wasn't released to cinemas in Sweden. The individual shorts were but never the movie. Come the nineties film had it's Swedish premiere on the pay channel FilmNet. The shorts were dubbed when they were released in cinemas. But a new dubbing was made for the movie. Since it was made for television .it was not of as good a quality as the previous dubbings of the short where Many consider that Winnie The Pooh's voice did not fit at all and the translation of the text was of a much much poorer quality. The original dubs of Winnie the Pooh shorts are not available to watch so we are stuck with a poorer dub with less budget as our only option.

    ReplyDelete